Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Art Director Problems and Bamboo Woes

We had our first P2 class last Friday, and things have been incredibly hectic ever since. Not that I'm complaining, I love keeping busy, especially when it's something I enjoy that is taking up my time. I've been brainstorming for my latest campaign client, Hawaiian Airlines, all day, and it occurred to me this campaign would be an excellent chance to get familiar with the Bamboo tablet and use it for the execution. The Wacom website is supposed to have lots of helpful videos for people new to the bamboo, so I took it upon myself to check them out. Honestly though, the only thing I got out of what I watched was a feeling of doom and a new song to find on Spotify ASAP.
Here's the disappointingly unhelpful link if you'd like to see for yourself.
The first video I saw was one by freelance illustrator Nancy Stahl. She does something really cool with the tablet but doesn't quite explain how you actually get it done. The second video was of some chick drawing with the tablet while an excellent song played in the background. Something tells me no amount of videos is gonna help me get used to the Bamboo. It's gonna take a lot of trial and error to master the thing. But you know what? Challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment