Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Glorious Jack and Brad Combo


I realize how ironic it is for me to keep a blog about advertising and dedicate the first post to an experience that was anything short of spectacular. So here’s a story of one of my favorite advertising experiences for one very obvious reason. I’ll never forget the glorious day that Jack in the Box commercials received my full undivided attention. It was June 20 of this year, and I know this because that day I tweeted, “@BradPaisley’s jack in the box commercial makes me want jack in the box.” For the record, I've never craved Jack in the Box in my life. Ever. However, my cravings for Brad go way back. (If you’ve never heard of him, go listen to the song ‘Water’ WITH the music video. Do it now. You’re welcome). I know celebrity endorsements are nothing new to the world of advertising, but more than the fact that my favorite country artist was actually in it, the commercial was genuinely clever. I've seen Jack-in-the-Box commercials before, and never thought they were bad, but they weren't good enough to have me marching out the door headed straight to eat there (not til June 20 at least). I've always thought the Jack in the Box character had a decent sense of humor, and my obsession with Brad Paisley/ everything he sings, writes, says, or does has taught me that his wit is very similar to mine, so the interaction between the two is brilliant. Their banter reminded me of conversations I have with my own friends. I actually felt like the commercial was made just with me in mind, hoping I’d eat there. If that’s the case, well played, Jack-In-The-Box. Well played indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment