Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How you know you're in love

My popcorn campaign is finally complete, tentacles, popcorn kernels and all. Flashback a few days before today and cue to me curled up on the floor rocking myself back and forth slowly into insanity, yet now I'm seeing just how much the chaos was worth it. I couldn't be happier.
For the past few months I have made P1 my priority. While all my friends were downtown slamming shots and stumbling down sixth street, I was at home immersed in some combination of brainstorming, thumbnailing, photoshopping, and illustrating. Creative has pushed me like nothing I've ever experienced before. My social life sufficiently decreased upon my acceptance into the program and my other classes received significantly less attention than I alotted to it in other semesters of school. Because of all these reasons, and more, that is how I know how perfect my major is for me.
The Texas Creative Sequence has an unspoken requirement of 30 + hours per week of your devotion, and the way I see it you have to really love something to not only spend 30 hours a week with it and not get sick of it. I've never actually counted, but I wouldn't be surprised if I surpassed that thirty hour mark, and I've enjoyed every minute of it.
Though the sequence has pushed me to my breaking point many times over, I wouldn't trade it for anything. To do well, you really have to make it your life, and that's how you know if you love it. Even if you just kind of like it, being forced to spend that much time with something you're indifferent to will make you start to resent it. You have to really love it to be willing to spend so much time with it. That's how I know I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment