Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Staying Creative

I don't know how I did it, but I survived the most intense, work-heavy semester of my life. I'm not complaining even a little though, because a majority of my work included drawing out creative ideas and creating things on photoshop and illustrator, all of which I tend to do in my spare time anyways. I don't think I've ever been so dedicated to class assignments in my entire life like I was to P1, but hey, that's how you know you're in the right major.
It's been a week since final critique, and I'm still not used to the fact that I suddenly have all the free time in the world. I've been using most of it to so catch up on all the shows I didn't have time to watch during this crazy semester, but Dexter and Gossip Girl can only hold my interest for so long. I went to my other favorites shows for further distractions, and it worked for a few days. Several season finales later, however, I was back to having nothing to occupy my time.
Needless to say, I'm still not used to having no campaigns to work on after being so engrossed in three all semester. It's been worrying me that if I advance onto P2, by the time I'm back I'm going to have to relearn how to be creative and come up with good campaign ideas. Which is why my best friend and fellow P1er David Bassine and I came up with the best idea EVER. (Well, I think it's the best idea ever.)
To keep from losing touch with our creative side, David and I decided to work on a campaign together over winter break. I'm really excited about it because let's be real, what else am I gonna do in El Paso for a month? We're still figuring out a client but will probably be starting soon on that. Looks like my lazy break just got a whole lot more productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment