Friday, April 12, 2013

Brooke in Wonderland

We can all admit to having gone through that phase when we were little kids and were obsessed with Disney movies. Well, I never really grew out of mine. Back in my days when an infatuation with these movies was socially acceptable, Alice in Wonderland was always my favorite one, and I watch it just as regularly today as I did back then. In fact I currently have my Netflix open to the movie in another window as I type this. As I got older, instead of growing out of the obsession, I let it grow. I read the books and watched every other movie remake.
I feel like every creative needs something - a book, a movie, an art piece, anything at all - to draw inspiration from. And let's be honest, what storyline (besides Harry Potter, don't even get me started on that) is more creative than Alice in Wonderland? Anyone who can come up with a plot so bizarre, yet so brilliant, has to have quite the imagination. Watching these movies and reading these books just makes me feel so inspired and reminds me the importance of having a big imagination, especially for the industry I want to get into once I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment