Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Droga5 Agency Spotlight

This weekend, I was hanging out with a friend who asked me where I wanted to end up after I graduate. He was shocked when I told him I hadn't really thought about it. It kind of scares me to think about the fact that I only have about a year left before I graduate and set off into the real world, but I know it's about time I start looking into ad agencies that I could see myself working at. And so the research begins...
I have heard a lot of great things about droga5, so I made that my starting point. It's safe to say that with the exception of the first time I heard Adam Levine sing 'Sunday Morning", this is about as close to 'love at first sight' as it gets. Droga5's campaigns are all so out of the box and entertaining that you almost forget they're ads. My favorite piece from them is their Puma Lift Spot, which I can shamelessly admit to watching repeatedly for about seven minutes last night. As if that spot wasn't enough to sell me, I also learned one of their clients is Newcastle Brown Ale, which happens to be my favorite beer. Overall, droga5 creates some really brilliant and visually stunning work, and I could definitely see myself at this kind of agency after I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment