Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Creative Pressure on Halloween

Let me preface this by saying this blog post is white girl problems at their finest. I tend to have a lot of them. My biggest white girl problem is that no one actually has time to listen to my white girl problems, but luckily this particular WGP dabbles on the topic of creativity, so my paragraph-long rant can double as a required blog post for class. Anyways, here goes.
Sometimes I feel like being in the portfolio sequence makes people expect me to be creative in literally everything I do. They don't really realize that the sequence itself burns me out too much to extend said creativity much elsewhere. Today someone said to me, "Hey Brooke, what are you being for Halloween? I'm sure you'll come up with something really awesome, you're so creative!" and in my head I'm like "...can I just be a cat?" Needless to say, my Halloween costumes are just about as basic as it gets....Minnie Mouse and 80's decade girl. I would love to come up with something a little more imaginative, but I just didn't have the time/patience/money to go all out this year. (We can thank my evil professors that scheduled tests in the first week of november and my weakness for shoes for the time/budget constraints.)
It's unfortunate that I couldn't have more time to throw something much cooler together. Maybe next year. I'll have my shit together 366 days from now.
Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment