Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Karmic Synergy

I adopted this phrase from the TV show Greek, (which used to be awesome until it sucked and then got cancelled) but it goes by many names. Destiny, fate, whatever; I chose the term that sounded least like a trashy stripper. Basically, it means things always work out the way they're supposed to. One example could be today when my dad said he wanted pumpkin pancakes or cinnamon roll pancakes for breakfast, and then we went to Kerbey Lane and their pancake special was, I kid you not, PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL PANCAKES. Karmic Synergy is real.
To keep this post relevant to my blog, I'll tell another tale of karmic synergy that occurred between myself and my best friend/ portfolio classmate David Bassine. We're really adorable together. We call ourselves Broocine and I can't tell if people think its cute or annoying or self absorbed, but its a little bit of all three. At the time of said karmic synergetic incident, David and I were partnered up for campaign 2 in our P3 class on Burt's Bees. In our digital portfolio class, it was just announced that it was time to choose partners for the next campaign, which we didn't learn until hours later because we missed the class for reasons I can't recall. By then, everyone had paired up except us, which meant we'd be working on two campaigns together simultaneously. I think we were both a little nervous about it because we already spend the maximum amount of time hanging out we can spend without wanting to kill each other from too much togetherness. Little did we know that karmic synergy was behind all this.
We decided to work on Las Vegas' "What happens here stays here" campaign, and in the end we came up with some really solid ideas that we were both really happy with. In P3, Burt's Bees was a little more of a struggle. However, in the end we were both really excited about what we had to show for it. Yesterday we were texting about how happy we are with everything we have for our campaigns so far, and it occurred to me that this situation was total karmic synergy because if we hadn't gotten paired up by circumstance in digiport, we wouldn't have this digital campaign for Las Vegas that we are both so excited about.
Karmic synergy saves the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment